A clear winner in kids' salmon taste test
King, sockeye, and coho were each on the menu; all prepared in the same way. I marinated the filets in garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard and lime juice, and then baked them in the oven at 375 degrees for 17 minutes.
While we were eating dinner, we voted for our favorite type of salmon. At my son's suggestion, we also charted our votes. That added a bit of statistical analysis into the meal, which is why I can say with certainty that sockeye was the clear winner.
Now my children both know that all fish does not taste the same, and I know which type of salmon to buy the next time I'm at the grocery store.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- For parents, ‘the good teacher’ will make all the difference April 19
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
- Expect respect, but be realistic about kids' ability to sit still April 5
- Buckle up! When your kid’s safety breaks the bank March 29
- Letting down my guard and learning to understand Clash of Clans March 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.