Folk singer: Linda Allen will perform at 8 p.m. Nov. 10 at Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Church, 8109 2245th Ave. SW, Edmonds. Allen is from Bellingham but lives at Holden Village above Lake Chelan in the Cascades with her husband for a three-year stay. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for youths, at the door or www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282390.
Green Day: Uno, Dos, Tres Tour, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 26, Paramount. Tickets $47.50, stgpresents. CANCELLED
Rush: The Clockwork Angels Tour. 8 p.m. Nov. 13. $56 to $126. KeyArena. Ticketmaster.
The Seattle Folklore Society: And the Phinney Neighborhood Association present their 11th season of folk music concerts at the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., Seattle. Concerts start at 7:30 p.m. except one 7 p.m. Sunday concert. Ticket prices vary. Reservations and complete schedule information at 206-528-8523 or www.seafolklore.org.
• Nov. 3: Dan Weber, singer/storyteller.
• Nov. 11, 7 p.m.: Harry Manx, recording artist fusing Eastern musical traditions with the blues
• Nov. 17: Kathy Kallick Band, bluegrass and originals
• Nov. 24: Western Swing Concert and Dance, featuring The Jangles and Titans of Twang.
Whidbey's Saratoga Orchestra: a special concert in celebration of the sixth season, 2:30 p.m. Nov. 4, South Whidbey High School, 5674 Maxwelton Road, Langley; Overture to Weber's "Der Freischütz" and Dvorak's Symphony No. 8, Op 88. Admission is $20 and $18. Tickets at brownpapertickets.org; cash/check and MC/V/Discover accepted at the door. For more information go to www.sowhidbey.com.
Seattle Symphony: Benaroya Hall's Taper auditorium, 200 University St., Seattle; 206-215-4747; www.seattlesymphony.org.
• Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto: Neeme Jarvi, conductor; Arabella Steinbacher, violin; Tchaikovsky: "Suite from The Snow Maiden" and Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35; Prokofiev: Symphony No. 6 in E-flat minor, Op. 111; noon Nov. 2 and 8 p.m. Nov. 3. Tickets start at $19.
• Brahms & Medtner: Chamber works by Brahms, Medtner and others including: Medtner: Piano Quintet in C major; Scriabin: Piano Sonata No. 4 in F-sharp minor, Op. 30; Schnittke: Trio for Violin, Viola and Cello; Brahms: String Sextet No. 1 in B-flat major, Op. 18: 2 p.m. Nov. 4. Tickets are $37.
• Joseph Adam; Organist Joseph Adam plays Vierne: "Fantasy Pieces" and "Hymn to the Sun"; Boulanger: Prelude in F minor from "Trois Improvisations"; Duruflé: Prelude, Adagio et Choral Variations on "Veni Creator," Op. 4; Demessieux: "Te Deum laudamus," Op. 11; Barraine: Prelude and Fugue No. 2; Dupre: Organ Symphony No. 2 in C sharp minor, Op. 26; 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5. Tickets start at $21.
• Beethoven's "Emperor" Concerto: John Adams, conductor; Jonathan Biss, piano; John Adams: "Harmonielehre"; Beethoven: "Emperor" concerto; 7:30 p.m. Nov. 8; 8 p.m. Nov. 10 and 2 p.m. Nov. 11. Tickets start at $19.
Early Music Guild International Series: A mix of music performers from around the globe. Hesperion XXI: 8 p.m. Nov. 10. This Spanish ensemble, directed by Jordi Savall, presents a virtual tour on violas da gamba and lute of 16th and 17th-century Europe, Town Hall, 1119 Eighth Ave., Seattle. Tickets are $40, $35 for seniors, $25 for side sections and $15 for students and patrons under 25; www.earlymusicguild.org or call 206-325-7066.
Voices of Compassion: Folk singer Linda Allen will lead a workshop, an introduction to therapeutic singing at the bedside, from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 11 at Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Church, 8109 2245th Ave. SW, Edmonds. The purpose of this workshop is to introduce the principles and practices of singing at the bedside, and includes learning songs, discussing ethical standards and bedside techniques, sharing resourcing and practicing. Open to musicians, family members, chaplains, healthcare professionals and anyone who is interested in using their voice to lessen pain and anxiety at the bedside of those who are suffering. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or online at 222.lindasongs.com. The fee is $25.
Washington Old Time Fiddlers Association: Celtic jam, 5 p.m., workshop, 6 p.m., circle jam, 7 p.m. Nov. 9 and 23. Snacks throughout the evening; bring snacks to share if you wish. Acoustic musicians of all ages and listeners are welcome; free; Sisco Heights Community Club, 13527 99th Ave. NE, Arlington; 360-691-5907, email email@example.com.
More Entertainment Headlines
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend