Apartment fire displaces Bothell family

  • Sun May 2nd, 2010 10:51pm
  • News

Herald staff

BOTHELL — A family was left without a home Sunday after a stove-top fire damaged their apartment.

Firefighters were summoned about 10:30 a.m. to Thrasher’s Mill Apartments in the 19900 block of Bothell-Everett Highway, said Autumn Waite, spokeswoman with Snohomish County Fire District 7. A man, his young son and their dog made it out safely.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but the people living in the apartment couldn’t stay there. No other units were affected, Waite said.

She urged people not to leave food unattended on the stove. Stay home while cooking and check on the food regularly. Use a timer as a reminder. Keep anything that can catch fire, such as towels and oven mittens, away from the stove.