Here’s a roundup of some of the more interesting recent neighborhood crime news from throughout Snohomish and Island counties, provided by police:
* 200 block of E. Burke Avenue, Jan. 7. Police took a burglary report for a building that was vacant because of cleanup from a drug lab.
* 5700 block of 172nd Street NE, Dec. 31. A flatbed trailer with a backhoe tractor was reported stolen and later recovered in Conway.
* 500 block of N. West Avenue, Dec. 28. A van fled the scene of an alleged gas theft and hit another vehicle. The man driving the van fled on foot. Police impounded the van. A snowmobile was inside the van.
* 200 block of N. Stillaguamish Avenue, Dec. 23. Teenagers broke into a church bus and discharged the fire extinguisher.
* 5931 Grove St., Jan. 8. Two young boys attempted to steal beer from the Grove Street Market. An employee grabbed the beer out of the juveniles’ pants.
* 105 Marysville Mall Way, Jan. 9. Reported theft of a cell phone, down vest and $100 after vehicle was broken into.
* 1052 State Ave. Jan. 9. A wallet was stolen at Gold’s Gym and a credit card in it was used at Captain Dizzy’s.
* 1907 Second St., Jan. 7. Propane tank reportedly stolen from back yard. Motion detector light bulbs were unscrewed.
* 1258 State Ave., Jan. 10. Juvenile in custody for slashing a tire. He had gotten into an argument with the owner of the vehicle.
* 14727 43rd Ave. NE, Jan. 8. Paint balls reportedly shot at the back of a residence.
* 601 Cedar Ave., Jan. 7. A 1996 silver Saturn license plate 519HEE was stolen overnight.
* 7400 block of 272nd Street NW, Jan. 3. A 16-year-old boy reported his Fender guitar worth $700 was stolen.
* 27000 block of 92nd Avenue NW, Jan. 1. Barrels full of used oil were apparently deliberately tipped over behind a business. The fire department cleaned up the spill.