Martha Lake Community Club Community Fair — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23: The Community Club, 16300 Motor Pl. SW., Lynnwood, hosts this fair featuring games, contests, demonstrations, raffles, craft and food tables, and fun. Info: Marie Rogoway, 425-513-1401.
Mayor Mike’s Motorcycle Rally — 8 a.m. Sat. Aug. 23: Show up at Jimbo’s Family Restaurant, 196th &Hwy. 99 &ride your motorcycle with Lynnwood Mayor Mike McKinnon at this event benefiting child safety. Cost: $10 single, $15 couple.
Low-Tide Beach Walks for Groups — Aug. 26, 27, 28: Here’s your group’s last chance of the summer to take a guided beach walk with a Beach Ranger-Naturalists and take a closer look at the treasures on Edmonds beaches. Cost: $39 for groups of up to 25 people (not including chaperones). Register: Discovery Programs office, 425-771-0227.
Seattle Dahlia Society show — 12:30-5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 30 &noon-5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 31: Juried show features information on growing dahlias and cut flowers for sale. At Courtyard Hall, Country Village Shopping Center, 23732 Bothell-Everett Hwy., Bothell. Info: 206-367-5647 or 206-546-1522.
Europe Through the Back Door classes: 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 23, European Rail travel skills. At Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Back Door, 130 4th Ave. N., Edmonds. Cost: Free, but reservations required: 425-771-8303, ext. 298 or www.ricksteves.com/seattle.
Introduction to Belly Dance — 7-8:15 p.m. Monday, Aug. 25: Express your femininity, get into better shape, become more graceful or relieve stress? Learn basic dance moves, American Cabaret Style and ethnic dances. Wear leotards/shorts/long skirt; bring a shawl/long scarf to tie around hips. For those with no previous Belly Dance experience. Free. Register: Edmonds Parks &Rec, 425-771-0230.
Munchie Madness — 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26: Learn to encourage your kids to eat healthier. Recipes such as Apple Volcanoes, Inside-out Pizza, &more will be demonstrated. Take home recipes used as well as other great ideas for quick meals and snacks. Cost: $18. Register: Edmonds Parks &Rec, 425-771-0230.
Mountlake Terrace Senior Group (5605 235th St. SW., Mountlake Terrace; 425-672-2407) offers the following events and activities:
• Senior Saturday Lunch — 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23: Meets at Kings 111, 5114 212th St SW., Mountlake Terrace. Sign up.
• “Oldtimer’s Picnic” at Woodland Park Zoo — 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26: Seniors are invited to a free lunch and admission to the zoo. Sign up.
• “The American Presidency: A Glorious Burden” — 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 4: Trip to Museum of History &Industry in Seattle to view this traveling exhibit, a full scale version of a permanent exhibit at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History on campaigns, inaugurations, limits of power, assassinations and mourning, and the White House as symbol and home. Cost: $5.
Lynnwood Senior Center (Scriber Square Shopping Center, 5800 198th St. SW.; 425-744-6464) offers the following events and activities:
• Spaghetti Feed — Noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23: Reservations can be made by calling the senior center. Cost: $6 adults, $4 children under 12.
• Native American Princess Tales — 11:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25: A summertime tribute to Native Americans with a dramatic presentation of Sacajawea and Pocohantas. Salmon bake for lunch. Cost: $5 lunch &drama, $2 drama alone. Reservations required.
Greater Mill Creek seniors (at WSU Cooperative Extension, 600 128th St. SE., McCollum Park, Everett; contact Bill Durham, 425-357-6002) offers the following events and activities:
• Tulalip Casino trip — 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27: Play casino games and meet new friends. Free deli meal included in the trip. Cost: $2 member/$4 nonmember.
South County Senior Center (220 Railroad Ave., Edmonds; 425-774-5555) offers the following events and activities:
• AARP Chapter #775 — 1 p.m. 2nd Fridays.
• VFW Edmonds Post #8870 — noon 2nd Fridays: Info: Warren Schweppe, 425-778-2670.
• Edmonds Senior Kiwanis Club — 10 a.m. Tuesdays: Meets at the Center. Info: Buck Weaver, 425-774-3568.
• Friday Fling — 1 p.m. 1st and 3rd Fridays: Dance or listen to the Nice n’ Easy combo in the ballroom. Cost: $3 per person.
Northshore Senior Center (10201 East Riverside Drive, Bothell; 425-487-2441) offers the following events and activities:
• Common legal questions — 9:30-11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 27: Free introduction and overview of legal issues and what seniors need to know about their rights. Pre-registration required.
• Ballroom dance — 1-3 p.m. Wednesdays: Dancing with live music in the Multipurpose Room. Cost: $3 member/$4 nonmember.
Mukilteo Singles — 10 a.m. Saturdays: Social group for singles age 40 or older meets at 112th St. Diner, Everett. Casual dining mid-week at various area restaurants. Info: 425-710-9959.
Nonsmoking Single 60s Plus: Meet other singles for social activities, potlucks, games, tours, bridge, bowling, plays, dining out. Info: 425-742-7762.
Singletonians: Potlucks, weekend trips, dine-outs, theater trips, card games and other activities for men and women ages 50 and older. Info: 425-776-8903.
Shoreline Singles — 10 a.m. 2nd Saturdays: Meets for breakfast and socializing at Denny’s, 155th &Aurora; 5 p.m. 4th Sundays, meets for dinner at various local restaurants. Info: Alfredia Kennedy, 206-362-1397 (before 9 p.m. only).
50 Plus Singles — 6:30 p.m. 2nd &4th Wednesdays: Meets for dinner &socializing at Denny’s Restaurant, Aurora Ave. N. &N. 155th St., Shoreline. Group also meets for dances, walks, theater, potlucks and other activities. Info: 425-640-6613, 206-284-7473 or visit www. 50plussingles.homestead.com.
Edmonds High School
Class of 1963 — Oct. 24: Embassy Suites, Lynnwood. Info: www.reunionswithclass.com.
Class of 1973 — Sept. 13: Lake Ballinger Golf &Clubhouse, Mountlake Terrace. Contact Jeff Champine, 425-770-5099 or Wendy Sheets Reynolds, 425-971-3983.
Shoreline High School
Class of 1958 — Nov. 8: Edmonds Yacht Club. Contact Coralee Carter Knudsen, 425-743-4622 or Sheila Olson Greer, 425-774-1582.
Class of 1983 — Oct. 3-5: Cabin Tavern/Shilshole Bay Beach Club, Seattle/ Edmonds City Park. Info: www.reunionswithclass.com.
Woodway High School
Class of 1973 — Sept. 12-14: Contact Mark Press, 425-672-2408 or email@example.com; Kirk Blevins, 425-876-6944 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Laurie Westby Cannon, 425-673-1290 or email@example.com.
Class of 1983 — Oct. 11: Info: www.reunionswithclass.com.
Shorecrest High School
Class of 1983 — Aug. 23: Embassy Suites, Lynnwood. Info: www.reunionswithclass.com.
Lynnwood High School
Class of 1973 — Aug. 22-24: Grad night at Alfy’s Pizza, dinner at Mill Creek Country Club, picnic at Mukilteo State Park. Info: www.lhs1973.com.
Cascade High School
Class of 1973 — Sept. 13: Marine View Banquet Center, Everett. Info: www.reunionswithclass.com.
Inglemoor High School
Class of 1968 — Sept. 20: Contact Mary Ann Walsh Dickie, 206-365-8342.