The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Man accidentally eats steel bristle during BBQ

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY  |  COMMENTS
Associated Press
TACOMA -- A Tacoma man says he needed emergency surgery after accidentally eating a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a barbeque.
KING 5 reports that Adam Wojtanowicz's went to the hospital Sunday complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn't go away despite his taking medication. Doctors found a metal bristle and performed emergency surgery.
Adam says he recently hosted a cookout, and he thinks a steel bristle from his grill brush fell onto his steak. He says he apparently swallowed the metal without realizing it.
The Centers for Disease Control says it knows of at least six people who have recently suffered similar, potentially fatal, injuries from brush bristles. It doesn't blame a particular brand or type of brush.
Wojtanowicz is expected to make a full recovery.

More Northwest Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates


Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus