Here is the press release to the state Department of Transportation:
BURLINGTON – Early morning drivers who normally use Interstate 5 over the Skagit River should be prepared to catch the tail-end of a 12-hour traffic detour tomorrow.
On Monday, Sept 30, both directions of I-5 will be detoured between the George Hopper Road and College Way interchanges from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. while contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation continue to retrofit the steel overhead trusses.
Drivers will follow the same detour routes established when the bridge was closed in May, and should add extra time to their commute.
For details about the project, click here.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Grants available for projects that promote walking Sep. 29
- First weekday of I-405 tolls: Great in toll lanes, a nightmare elsewhere Sep. 28
- Everett Station closes off electrical outlets Sep. 23
- Before I-405 tolling begins, double line rules are in effect Sep. 22
- A procrastinator’s guide to getting Good To Go Sep. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.