Here’s a roundup of some of the more interesting recent neighborhood crime news from throughout Snohomish and Island counties, provided by police:
* Hewitt and Rockefeller avenues, July 17. An Everett man reported that his checkbook had been stolen from his 1997 Dodge pickup truck and the ignition and steering column had been broken. Damage was estimated at $750.
* 2600 block of Broadway, July 17. A man was arrested for shoplifting a $1.49 can of beer from QFC. The man had been cited and banned from the store the previous day for shoplifting. The man was booked into the Snohomish County Jail.
* 6200 block of Broadway, July 18. A 33-year-old man was arrested after he and another man shoplifted two cases of beer. A store employee chased the suspects out of the store. The suspects attempted to drive off, but their car wouldn’t start. One suspect punched the windshield, cutting his hand, then both threatened the employee. The passenger ran from the car, and the driver was booked into the Snohomish County Jail.
* 3900 block of Hoyt Avenue, July 19. An Arlington man on a work break at the Everett Clinic noticed that the taillights on his 1989 Chevy Blazer were on. He rushed to the parking garage and found two boys inside. He caught a 13-year-old boy, who was booked into the Denny Juvenile Justice Center for investigation of attempted theft. Officers found shaved keys in the boy’s pocket. The other boy ran away and was not found.
* 3400 block of Broadway, July 20. A Marysville woman, 39, was arrested for stealing several items from Lover’s Package. The woman attempted to conceal the items and walk out of the store when a clerk confronted her. The items were found inside her vehicle, along with drug paraphernalia.