ISSAQUAH — Authorities say a family of six is recovering in the hospital from carbon monoxide poisoning after a van was accidentally left running in their garage.
KING-TV reported that fire officials were called to the Issaquah home Saturday morning because someone was feeling ill. They discovered everyone in the family had similar symptoms. And then they noticed a chemical odor. A hazmat team found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.
Deputy Chief Michael Boyle of Eastside Fire &Rescue says the team discovered a van that had been left running inside of the garage accidentally and the carbon monoxide came into the house.
The van had a push button ignition. A driver can take the keys, but forget to push the button to turn the car off.