MARYSVILLE — Food left cooking on a stove started a fire Saturday afternoon.
Crews were called to a house at the intersection of 171st Avenue NE and 41st Avenue NE about 12:40 p.m., Marysville Fire Department Battalion Chief Scott Goodale said.
Nobody was home at the time and no injuries were reported. Firefighters found a dog inside the house and carried it to safety, he said.
The fire started in the kitchen. Crews stopped the fire before it spread to the rest of the house, Goodale said.
A home protection alarm went off and alerted the alarm company. “It pretty much saved the house from burning,” he said.