Kitchen fire damages house in Brier

BRIER — An accidental kitchen fire on Tuesday caused more than $60,000 in damage to a house.

A woman in the two-story home on the 22300 block of 33rd Place W reported the flames at 2:40 p.m. She got out safely.

Crews from Fire District 1 extinguished the fire. No one was injured.

“Damage was confined to the area around the stove and the cabinets above,” said Leslie Hynes, a fire district spokeswoman.

Investigators determined the fire started in pans of cooking oil left unattended on the stove.

Talk to us

More in Local News

Police: Threats preceded pursuit and crash off Everett cliff

A Monroe man allegedly threatened to kill a family member and to “shoot it out” with police.

Big new apartment complex anchors Broadway’s transformation

The seven-story, 140-unit Kinect @ Broadway is one of several facelifting projects in Everett’s core.

Everett Memorial Stadium to host COVID-19 test site again

The site provides capacity for 500 tests per day, the Snohomish Health District said.

Inslee says schools in virus hot spots should stay closed

That includes Snohomish County. But the he backs reopening elementaries in counties with low infection rates.

County’s Catholic schools will do distance learning this fall

The Archdiocese of Seattle will follow state guidelines and is planning for online teaching.

Pursuit ends in fiery collision with dump truck in Tulalip

The man was suspected of shoplifting. He allegedly fled from Marysville police in a stolen car.

Boy, 12, now says he made up kidnapping story near Everett

A man accused of grabbing the boy was still in jail Thursday. Authorities were working to release him.

Small hospitals weather the pandemic, but with heavy losses

Another economic shutdown could mean “difficult decisions” for EvergreenHealth Monroe and others.

Some waited months for jobless benefits, and some wait still

Not all 81,000 cases are resolved, but some people finally received thousands of dollars in back payments.

Most Read