EVERETT — A man escaped a house fire with minor injuries late Tuesday evening.
Around 9:30 p.m., a neighbor reported the house in the 6100 block of Commercial Avenue was on fire. When the Everett Fire Department arrived, it was engulfed.
The man got out with burns to his hands and was taken to a local hospital, then transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, the fire department said. A dog safely escaped.
The fire was under investigation, but officials believe a lit candle started it, based on initial information.