EVERETT — Two houses were burned and severely damaged Saturday night, leaving two families without homes.
South Snohomish County Fire & Rescue found flames through the roofs of both houses in a neighborhood southwest of Silver Lake after 5 p.m. No one was inside the home where the fire started, and a family of five safely escaped the second home.
We’re on scene of 2 houses on fire at 125th ST SE and 12th AVE SE near Silver Lake south of Everett. Flames were already through the roof on both houses when the first firefighters arrived. No injuries at this time. pic.twitter.com/KXTmJtM4nU
— South County Fire (@SouthSnoFire) July 15, 2018
In all, 40 firefighters were on scene to battle the blaze, which made both homes uninhabitable.
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire, which started on the front porch. Discarded cigarettes may have been at fault.