EDMONDS — A fire in the kitchen of condominium sent two people to a hospital late Wednesday in Edmonds.
The fire broke out around 11:15 p.m. on the second story of an eight-unit building in the 7500 block of 208th Street SW, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for the South Snohomish County Fire & Rescue.
A man and a woman inside the unit inhaled smoke. All of the other residents were unharmed.
Firefighters kept the flames from spreading beyond the second-floor condo. That unit was left uninhabitable.
Water damage to a downstairs unit was minor, Hynes said.
Investigators were working Thursday morning to figure out how the fire started. Damage was estimated at $53,000.