Is your vehicle roadtrip-ready?
With travel largely on hold for now, the family roadtrip will be the star of summer staycations … good thing Washington has so many stellar destinations to discover!
Summer driving can be hard on your vehicle, even more so if you’re towing a boat or RV, and the last thing you want is a burst hose at the top of Snoqualmie Pass, or to overheat on the way to Washington’s wine country – avoidable mishaps can soon create challenges much bigger than a holiday hiccup.
So while regular vehicle maintenance is a must throughout the year, any roadtrip planning must include a pre-vacation inspection, emphasize the team at the family-owned Fast Eddie’s Tire & Automotive Repair in Everett.
- Summer driving means dust, dirt, bugs and – here in the Pacific Northwest – the occasional rainfall. It’s important to check wiper blades for wear – they typically need to be replaced every year or so – and top up washer fluid to keep your windshield clean and clear.
- Top up your vehicle’s transmission, brake and other fluids to prevent unwanted surprises interrupting your staycation adventures.
- Ensure your headlights, tail lights and indicators are working as they should so other drivers see you … and you see them.
- Check your battery before hitting the road to ensure you won’t run out of juice.
- Change your oil and oil filter to keep your engine humming, along with belts and hoses.
- Check your wheel alignment and ensure your tires are in good repair, with sufficient tread, and that they’re properly inflated.
- Make sure your AC is working properly. If it’s not blowing as cold as it should – or isn’t blowing cold air at all – you could have a leak or it may need recharging.
And don’t forget the gas savings regular maintenance offers: A properly tuned vehicle will also save gas – giving you more money for the holiday experiences you WANT to enjoy.
Serving Everett drivers for more than 40 years with a focus on honest, transparent service, the Fast Eddie’s family makes it easy for your family to get out and enjoy summer: their Road Trip Ready summer special is just $59.99 and includes checks of your vehicle’s air conditioning, alignment, brakes, battery, fluids, tire pressure, belts and hoses and lights; any repairs will be offered at 20 percent off.
For added peace of mind, Fast Eddie’s “digital shop” platform offers added transparency to the entire process: keeping you informed about what’s happening every step of the way, with pictures and video; providing easy access to records, with everything recorded digitally; and educational videos to show you what repair or maintenance procedures really looks like.