From obstetrics and chronic disease management to dental cleanings and behavioral health, quality medical care is as close as your nearest Community Health Center of Snohomish County.
The non-profit CHC was founded in 1983 to serve the health needs of county residents facing barriers to care. As the need grew, so did the size and scope of the organization, which today has seven locations located throughout the county, including two new clinics, Everett-College and Everett-Central.
“As a federally qualified health center, we provide services to anyone who needs healthcare, regardless of their situation,” says Jessica Ro, Communications Manager, with the non-profit Community Health Center of Snohomish County.
Among the diverse array of healthcare services offered at all CHC clinics are:
- Family practice, obstetrics, prenatal, pediatrics, well-child check-ups and immunizations
- Behavior health program, including counselling and behavior therapies, and support for concerns such as anxiety, depression, stress and ADHD
- Internal medicine, chronic disease management, diabetes care and nutrition
- Suboxone program for people with substance use issues
- The Everett-Central and Lynnwood locations also offer walk-in clinics.
When needed, patients can also take advantage of CHC’s onsite pharmacy, offering CHC patients prescriptions at reduced prices without having to go anywhere else. Find pharmacies at the Arlington, Edmonds, Everett-North, Everett-South and Lynwood clinics.
Recognizing that oral care is vital to overall health and wellness, most CHC clinics also offer comprehensive dental care for all members of the family:
- Routine cleanings, oral exams, X-rays and dental education
- Crowns, extractions, fillings, sealants and root canal treatments
- Brace fittings
All CHC clinics with dental care accept walk-ins, Ro notes,
“Our mission is to serve our diverse community with access to high quality, affordable, primary health care. Our clinics have dedicated care teams working together to coordinate and improve the way patients receive care to make sure they get the care they deserve. No matter what situation they are in, anyone is welcome at Community Health Center of Snohomish County. We accept most insurances, Medicaid/Medicare, and if you don’t have insurance, we also offer a sliding fee discount based on income and family size,” Ro says.
In 2017, the Community Health Center of Snohomish County provided vital medical and dental care to 54,488 people through its local clinics.