A good night’s sleep is essential to healthy living, and for that, the right mattress is vital.
One of the biggest mistakes people make, however, is not taking time to “test drive” the mattress in-store before buying it – also why mattresses shopping online simply doesn’t work.
So, how do you find the right mattress for you? E.S.C. Mattress Center in Everett shares what you need to know:
- Choose local. Look for knowledgeable, noncommissioned salespeople who will ask the questions that will guide you to the right mattress. E.S.C. Mattress Center, for example, is locally owned and operated by three award-winning mattress professionals who left the largest retailer in the U.S.A. to open their own store.
- Consider your needs. William Wellauer, Bill Miller and Joshua Rigsby have more than 25 years of combined industry experience that they’re happy to share with customers. “This helps find the correct sleep system for their specific needs, without wasting time lying on beds that will not work for them,” Miller explains. For example, people with back issues often assume they need a firm mattress, but that’s not necessarily so. “Support and comfort are two different aspects of the mattress,” Rigsby said. “Support comes from underneath and can be coil, foam or air. I sleep on one of the softest beds in the store, but it also has some of the best support offered.”
- Choose long-lasting quality. Quality brands like Tempur-PEDIC, Stearns & Foster and Sealy make a difference. Tempur-PEDIC, for example, is the No. 1 recommended bed in America, winning the J.D. Power award for Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Mattresses. Because the E.S.C. Mattress professionals are not focused on making a commission, they’ll guide you to the correct mattress for your unique needs and comfort.
- Consider different options. To achieve exceptional comfort and wellness, you might try an adjustable bed, which can help with issues such as sleep apnea, snoring, acid reflux and circulation, and provide longer periods of R.E.M. sleep. “It takes a ton of pressure off your shoulders and hips when side sleeping, and lets people sleep on their back when they otherwise couldn’t,” Wellauer explains. “Hospitals keep you elevated for a reason. It’s the healthiest way to lay in one position for extended periods of time.”
- The right pillow matters. Your bed isn’t the only factor in a good night’s sleep. “Around 18 percent of your support on a mattress comes from your pillow, so a bad pillow can make a great bed less great. I recommend getting fitted with a new pillow once you pick out your new mattress,” Miller says, noting the store also carries a good selection of accessories such as high-quality DreamFit Sheets and bed frames with a 25-year warranty.
The BBB-Accredited E.S.C. Mattress Center, also one of the Herald’s Readers Choice Award-winners, offers interest-free financing and no-credit-needed financing, meaning customers can get the mattress they need. Find your best sleep at 10121 Evergreen Way, Ste. 30, Everett, or call (425) 512-0017.