LYNNWOOD – A fire caused about $50,000 damage to a home Sunday and displaced the family of seven living there.
Residents reported the fire about 11:30 p.m. at their tri-level home in the 19200 block of First Avenue SE. They fled after smelling smoke and finding flames in the laundry room, Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said Monday.
Fire crews kept the blaze contained to the laundry room and crawl space behind the room. There was extensive smoke damage throughout the house.
The fire appeared to have been started by an electrical short in the wiring in the crawl space, Hynes said.