Stove fire damages Mill Creek house

MILL CREEK — A pot of cooking oil left unattended on a stove caused a fire Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in the 2200 block of 172 Place SE west of Mill Creek about 6:40 a.m., Snohomish County Fire District 7 spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. One of the people living there had already put out the fire when crews arrived.

The fire started because a pot of cooking oil was left unattended and boiled over, Waite said. Damage was estimated at $2,000.

It’s important to always keep an eye on cooking and to keep all that can burn away from the stove top, Waite said.

Talk to us

More in Local News

Navy now plans to send 3 more ships to Everett

The destroyer USS John S. McCain is the latest with plans to move here within the next 13 months.

Everett’s Grand Avenue bridge getting closer to opening

Construction is set to finish later this month. But don’t expect a grand opening party.

State: Held up jobless claims to be resolved by end of month

Just under 35,000 people are still waiting for resolution of their claims for unemployment benefits.

8-mile detour for Highway 9 roundabout work starts Thursday

The intersection of Highway 9 and 108th Street Northeast in Marysville will close until Monday.

Man suspected of child abuse in Hawaii arrested in Shoreline

He was wanted for investigation of seven counts of child sexual assault and abuse in Maui.

Buffets and salad bars back on the menu in Snohomish County

Gov. Jay Inslee has revised rules to allow self-serve food areas in Phase 2 of the state’s reopening.

Small plane makes emergency landing on Everett’s Airport Road

The pilot was having issues with the small aircraft’s landing equipment. No injuries were reported.

Governor’s no-mask, no-service order begins across Washington

“Just do not ring up the sale,” Gov. Jay Inslee said about customers who do not don the proper masks.

Most Read