Veterans Day is Saturday. Below are a list of local community events marking the holiday.
– 11 a.m. parade down Olympic Avenue through downtown. Ceremony follows at Legion Memorial Park, 114 N Olympic Ave.
– 11 a.m. ceremony at the eternal flame on the Snohomish County Courthouse campus, 3000 Rockefeller Ave. The Snohomish County Central Memorial Committee holds this annual event.
– 11 a.m. ceremony at Veterans Park, located at 44th Avenue W and Veterans Way (194th Street SW). The Northwest Junior Pipe Band takes part.
– 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. open house at American Legion Post 178, 119 Cedar Ave. Refreshments provided.
– 9 a.m. ceremony at Mill Creek Veterans Monument at Library Park, 15429 Bothell-Everett Highway. Donations accepted for the Veterans Relief Fund via the Veterans of Foreign Wars Edmonds post.
– 11 a.m. parade down Main Street at Mill Creek Town Center, between LA Fitness (15024 Main St.) and City Hall North (15728 Main St.). More than 50 entrants.
– 8:30 a.m. recognition event at the Veteran’s Memorial Monument at Lake Tye Park, 14964 Fryelands Blvd.
– 11 a.m. parade, starting from Josephine Caring Community, 9901 272nd Place NW, and proceeding down 99th Avenue NW to 270th Street NW to 102nd Avenue NW to the end at Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center. Veterans wishing to take part should meet at 10:30 a.m.
– Immediately following the parade is a flag-raising ceremony at Veterans Memorial, followed by a program inside, at the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center, 27130 102nd Ave. NW.
The Hibulb Cultural Center, 6410 23rd Ave. NE, hosts an annual Gathering of Remembrance and Honoring Veterans. Admission waived for veterans and active duty military and their families.
– 11 a.m. Posting of colors, roll call
– 12 p.m. Light lunch and refreshments
– 1 p.m. “Ozette Archaeological Recovery Experience” lecture
– 2 p.m. Mitchell Glass Art culture series
– 3 p.m. Veterans Healing Forum